It’s not all doom and gloom but it’s prudent to think that the marketplace might be in transition and here are some tips you might consider.
1. Reward frequent customers to keep them coming back but hold off on a fire sale.
2. Talk to your customers. Listen to their problems. They are facing the same marketplace you are.
3. Never stop marketing. The market is shrinking but you want to maintain share. Look at building an online presence.
4. Step up your pubic relations’ efforts to maintain a strong profile with customers.
5. Get out and network. There is no better way than face to face to grow your business.